- The Princes Trust are running an online Summer Programme known as ‘EXPLORE’ It is a FREE 6 week course being delivered on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays completely online via Microsoft teams. We have 12 spaces available.
- The young people will have an opportunity to gain their Level 2 Food Hygiene Qualification and complete the Nationally recognised ‘John Muir Award’. The John Muir Discovery Award is an environmental award scheme. It is non-competitive, inclusive and accessible based on; Discovering a local wild space, exploring it, working to Conserve it and sharing their experience with others. We have found it especially benefits young people in building confidence, self-esteem and social skills.
- Programme Tuesday 25th of May – Thursday 1st of July (Times TBC but likely between 11am-1pm sessions will run between 1-2 hours a day)
- Living anywhere in Wales
- Unemployed/Furlough or in part time work/part time education
- Aged 16-25
- Access to a Computer/Laptop
- Must use camera throughout the programme
On this course young people will be
- Completing Level 2 in Food Hygiene Qualification. This qualification is well recognised in various settings not just hospitality.
- Complete Nationally recognised ‘John Muir Discovery Award’
- Activities based around the NHS 5 steps to wellbeing
- L’Oréal created sessions around confidence and communication
- Understanding Healthy eating and the eat well guide including receiving a voucher to buy food and make meals
- Fun interactive activities, quizzes and group discussions around various relevant topics
- Connect with other young people
- Be offered 1-1 support throughout and for 3 months after the course
- Gateway on to other Princes Trust Programmes
This is an online course. Young people will need access to the internet and capability of joining Microsoft Teams and be available for the 3 days per week
If you would like to refer someone please get in touch or to sign post a young person, they can enquire by commenting on our Facebook page PrincesTrustCymru. Or call customer services – 0800 842 842 and they will be booked straight on to the Taster Day.