I’m pleased to confirm the details for the Volunteer Walk Leader training with Walking Friends Wales. The training will be held on Thursday November 25th from 10.00 till 15.00pm, in the Butetown Community Centre, 40 Loudoun Square, Cardiff CF10 5UZ.
For information and an application form see below.
An Eventbrite page has been set up to facilitate bookings.
The Volunteer Walk Leader training will take place on Thursday 25 November from 10-3pm in Butetown Community Centre, 40 Loudoun Square, Cardiff CF10 5UZ.
All training and DBS checks are free of charge. We have a maximum of 10 spaces on this course. Please get in touch if you can’t make the date, or the event is fully booked, and we will look to book an additional date. Click on the following link (in blue) to book your place on Eventbrite Walking Friends Wales Volunteer Leader training.
What will be covered in the free Volunteer Walk Leader Training?
– Understanding the role and responsibilities of a walk leader
– Creating and risk assessing appropriate walking routes
– Managing a safe and enjoyable walk
How long will it take to do the training and what will it be like?
– The training is from 10-3pm and will be both indoors and outdoors.
– We will go on a walk as part of the training so please come suitably equipped.
– Tea, coffee and lunch will be provided.
– The training and documentation will be in English.
– After the training you will be expected to complete online training in Adult Safeguarding and Equality & Diversity.
– You will be expected to complete a DBS check
What will I get as a Living Streets Volunteer?
– Ongoing support, advice and guidance from the Walking Friends Wales project coordinator.
– A Living Streets Walk Leader manual.
– A Living Streets T-shirt.