1. The Census needs to be completed by every household in Wales and England. It does not matter what your status is, where you were born or your nationality. Another way of looking at it is if you are planning to stay here for 3 months or longer then you need to complete the Census.
2. The Census is a once in a ten year survey which public services use the data to help them understand how to plan for services needed.
3. Your data is totally anonymous, and is kept that way for a 100 years.
4. The Office of National Statistics collects the Census data, and is totally independent of the Government. The ONS does not share your date with any government body such as Benefits Agency, Tax Office or the Home Office. It is not able to by law.
5. There are several ways to complete the Census. You will need a 16 digit access code to complete the Census online. (you can get your access code online too – www.census.gov.uk); a paper version, you can book an appointment with the Census Support Centre and they will ring you back at the agreed time and complete it with you or, if you have a trusted helper or member of your community, they can help you complete it remotely.
Here is the link to the guidance in Arabic
Here is the link to guidance in Urdu
Here is the link to guidance in Bengali
Here is the link the guidance in Polish
Here is the link to the guidance in Kurdish
Here is the link to the guidance in Romanian
Here is the link to the guidance in French
Here is the link to the guidance in Portuguese
0800 876 6276 – this is the dedicated number to order a paper copy of the census
0800 169 2021 this is the number of the Census bilingual Help Line they can help with the following:-
· Booking an appointment to complete your Census;
· Order a paper version of the Census;
· Order an access code;
· Talk to Census Support Officers in 19 language lines
Online links include
· Order an Access code – https://census.gov.uk
· Order a Braille guidance booklet https://census.gov.uk/help/languages-and-accessibility/accessibility/braille
· Order an Easy read guidance booklet https://census.gov.uk/contact-us