- This event has passed.
Riverside Resources Walk and Talk
19/11/2021 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Join Zineb and others on the Walk & Talk Resource walk Friday 19th November at 10 a.m. meet up at SRCDC Brunel St map.
Zineb will guide you on a walk through the area to learn about many of the places and what they do.
Some of the organisations are:
- South Riverside Community Development Centre -A centre providing workshops and support around employment, training, volunteering, providing a weekly food pantry and many other activities.
Check out srcdc.org.uk
- The Wyndham St Centre, the Riverside Pantry is opposite is the Riverside Warehouse when not opening as a pantry the spaces are open for community events and bookings.
- Women Connect First- Health & Emotional Wellbeing, Homework Club, and support for women only. womenconnectfirst.com
- The Mosque on Clare Rd
- Grangetown Hub – Cardiff City Council HYB find more on www.cardiffcitycouncil.co.uk
- Clare Food Stores – the renowned (and relocated) shop selling lots of ‘world foods’ – International Food Ingredients, including HALAL meats
- Huggard Homeless Shelter – ‘For more than 30 years, anyone seeking help and refuge from the streets have come to us for food, and a safe, warm place to stay’
- Cardiff Housing Options – If you are homeless or under threat of becoming homeless please contact us as soon as possible on 029 2057 0750. Outside of our opening hours, please contact us on 029 2087 3141 in an emergency.
We have a range of services for people who are:
- Street homeless
- Sofa surfing
- Losing their family or rented home
- At risk of having their home repossessed
- Cardiff & Vale College – REACH – learn English here – and a few other things!
- Cardiff Library – main hub Cardiff City Council – advice and support for many things
- Castle Castle – Coffee at the castle, come and join Zineb and others